Friday, March 18, 2011

Toward The Future.

It's been a busy month for me professionally and that has meant not to many blog posts. Well, none, actually, in a month. I've also been busy with Kadima, as the Gala Committee works very hard to promote what is going to be one of the best, if not the best, annual event in Kadima's history. We're honoring David and Esther Vered, both of whom have been stalwart and strong supporters of our school over many years. Because David is in the fashion industry, we're putting a professional fashion show, and it should be a spectacular evening. You can still come. Check out our website to get your tickets.

We also had big news that the Nominating Committee has selected the next President for Kadima. I am absolutely thrilled that Suzy Bookbinder will be taking over for me when my term ends at the end of June. Suzy is an excellent leader and has precisely the skills, talent and community involvement that the school needs. She's a professional Development Director in her day job, serves as PEJE coach, and knows more about Boards, non-profits and fundraising than most everyone else.

Suzy, who currently serves on our Board of Trustees, is precisely the right person in the right place and the right time for Kadima. Kadima is lucky that she is willing to give the time and effort to serve the school and set its course for the future.

With the next President in place, it gives me a moment to begin thinking about the past two years in this job. I hope to have time to write about what being President meant, what I learned, and what I hope I accomplished, and what the school still needs to do. I'll still be on the Executive Board as Immediate Past President, and I will still do my best for the school, but the reins will be firmly in Suzy's capable hands.

Purim Sameach.

No comments:

Post a Comment